Saturday, July 14, 2018

Awe-Strzok




"Let me be clear - unequivocally and under oath - not once in my twenty-six years of defending my nation did my personal opinions impact any official action I took."
Peter Strzok

Let me be clear: these are certainly interesting times in which to live. I was one week shy of my sixteenth birthday when Dick Nixon resigned in disgrace on August 9. 1974. The night before I had experimented with LSD for the first of only a handful of times. Not surprisingly, I was sound asleep when the Trickster gave his "my mother was a saint" speech in his farewell speech to the White House staff late the following morning. That was probably the only televised Watergate-related event in the fourteen month Watergate scandal that I missed. At the moment Nixon was sent a'packing off to grim and bitter exile in his bunker at San Clemente, I remember thinking that American politics would never again get as corrupt and as weird as it had been during the Nixon era. I was wrong. I had to wait forty-four years but we've finally arrived at place darker and infinitely more disturbing than Watergate.

That was a paper cut. This is a bloodbath.

I was reminded once again of how completely unhinged "the party of Abraham Lincoln" has become in recent years while watching the testimony of FBI agent Peter Strzok in front of a joint session of the House Judiciary and Oversight Committees on Thursday. It was nothing more than the Republicans' attempt at cheap, political theater and it blew up in their clueless faces. Like the scene during the Army/McCarthy hearings of 1954, when attorney Joseph Welsh confronted an obviously unhinged Joe McCarthy ("At long last, sir, have you no sense of decency?") it was a moment that will be burned into the historical memory banks sixty-four years from now. On the Hannity program the following evening, tricky editing on the part of Fox Noise allowed Sean to spin the event as if the Republicans wiped the floor with Peter Strzok. That's not even close to being true. By the proceeding's end, it was obvious to everyone that these assholes had messed with the wrong FBI agent.


Uber-Goober Gohmert
As you might recall, Strzok, who had been having an extramarital affair with a fellow FBI employee named Lisa Page, had been exchanging emails with her as the campaign of 2016 was winding down. These emails had gone public and their content made clear that both Strzok and Page were understandably alarmed by the very notion of a Trump administration (as were all thinking people at the time). The highlight of the hearings was uttered by uber-goober, Louis Gohmert of Texas:

"I cannot help but wonder, when I see you looking there with a little smirk, how many times did you look so innocent into your wife's eyes and lie to her about Lisa Page?" 

Not to anyone's surprise, the Democrats on the committee exploded in rightful indignation; one congresswoman angrily advised him to go back on his medications. It was one of those "pinch me" moments tha makes life in Donald Trump's America so horrifically amusing. Isn't this fun?

It is my belief that the president of the United States of America is a willing agent of a hostile foreign power. I'm fairly certain that I will eventually be proved right on this point. What is hard for me to believe is that so many Republican politicians would want to save this administration by covering up what is undoubtedly the most despicable political crime in the history of this country. Putting party before the best interests of their nation will only backfire on them in the long run.

Tom Degan
Goshen, NY

SUGGESTED VIEWING:

Here's a link to view some highlights of Thursday's congressional clown show. It really must be seen to be believed:**.

Louie Gohmert:


Trey Gowdy:


We do indeed live in extraordinary times!

AFTERTHOUGHT:

My output on this site has been a bit slow as of late. I've been having severe trouble with my vision lately that has required laser surgery on my right eye on Tuesday. Surgery on the left eye will be happening on this coming Tuesday. I can see the moon again. Life is good.

19 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Majormajor said...

The lies of Peter Strzok. George Neumayr covers them here, at The American Spectator. Here’s one whopper and it was one of many:

"One act of obvious perjury during the hearing was Strzok’s claim — which he presented as incontrovertible proof of his apolitical professionalism — that he “never” spoke to reporters about the investigation before election day. Strzok didn’t even bother to coordinate this lie with his defense attorney, who has previously admitted that Strzok talked to reporters about the investigation. Strzok’s attorney wrote an Op-Ed in USA Today saying that “Peter and others” at the FBI “actively ensured that news reports didn’t overplay the seriousness of the investigation.” How did he do that without talking to them?"

https://spectator.org/peter-strzok-a-cocky-liar-to-the-end/


https://twitter.com/Hollybowie/status/1017572639777476608/video/1

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Bill said...

What a circus. Clearly an attempt to discredit the Mueller investigation by saying this one guy single handedly corrupted the entire investigation with his stupid text messages. Anyone can see that.

Oh wait... I forgot about the Trumpies. Faux News and the moron-in-chief will tell them what to think.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Majormajor said...

Peter Strzok lied under oath, that's all you need to know.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Jefferson's Guardian said...

"I've been having severe trouble with my vision lately that has required laser surgery on my right eye on Tuesday. Surgery on the left eye will be happening on this coming Tuesday..." ~~ Tom Degan

To a speedy recovery, my friend. Heal quickly. (I'm guessing you had cataracts zapped?)

"Faux News and the moron-in-chief will tell them what to think." ~~ Bill

Always. They're all clueless, of course.

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Majormajor said...

"I had experimented with LSD for the first of only a handful of times."

Well that explains everything.

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Mozart1220 said...

Go figure Clucky would grasp at this thinnest of straws, while ignoring all the obvious evidence of Russian interference, and the clear connection to Trump and the campaign.

Jeez, Imagine Obama having a secret meeting with the leader of ISIS.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Jefferson's Guardian said...

"That was a paper cut. This is a bloodbath." ~~ Tom Degan

That was Watergate where the burglary was stopped in progress; this is "Watergate 2.0", but it took longer to identify the perpetrators.

Both broke into Democratic National Headquarters, although the latter never step foot in the building.

The first burglary had direct ties to the then-president of the United States. We're waiting for the next stage of Mr. Mueller's investigation to see whether the current president is linked to this one.

Stay tuned. The evidence is soon to be revealed.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Les Holmes said...

Hope the surgery goes well for you Tom. I don't comment much but read every one of your blogs. Thanks for posting them, they are a must read.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Tom Degan said...

Thank you Les Much appreciated!

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Majormajor said...

Get well soon Tom.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Jefferson's Guardian said...

"Well that explains everything." ~~ Majormajor (aka "strait-laced Annie" Chuck)

Actually, it explains nothing.

Chuck, don't knock it until you've tried it. Believe me, you'd benefit.

Chuck, tell me, have you ever smoked a big doobie? ;-)

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Majormajor said...

Jefferson Davis's Guardian, why would I tell you anything personal about myself after your attacks on my faith and my disease?

You are pond scum.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Darrell Michaels said...

Tom, I am sorry to hear about your vision issues and hope that all goes well and that you recover quickly.

As for some of the commenters here, it would appear that hallucinogenic drugs may still be in play today.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Dave Dubya said...


The "Surrender Summit" should be the low point of our modern history. But he will go lower.

"Well that explains everything."

THAT explains a dry drunk, simple-minded view.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Mozart1220 said...

Can't WAIT to see Clucky's explanation of Trump siding with Russia over the USA (Treason) at NATO.

of course, there is NO evidence that Strozk lied in these hearings, but funny how suddenly Clucky is upset over "lies" given his support of the Serial liar in chief.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Majormajor said...

If you like your Dr you can keep your Dr.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Jefferson's Guardian said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Jefferson's Guardian said...

"...why would I tell you anything personal about myself after your attacks on my faith and my disease?" ~~ Majormajor (aka paranoid Chuck)

Chuck, I never attacked Christianity -- only your own hypocritical fake brand that you've exposed.

As far as the latter, you are the disease. Agreed, you're a very sick man.

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Jefferson's Guardian said...

Chuck, in all seriousness you ought to take up residency in a state that allows medical marijuana. It would ease your pain.

You'd be able to get off the opioids that have ravaged your mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home