Friday, May 06, 2022

Back After Nearly Five Months!



This is infuriating. Back in December I let an old friend of mine use my guest room for a couple of weeks. She was taking a much-needed break from a verbally abusive boyfriend with whom she lived in southern New Jersey. While she was here, her laptop conked out (probably because it was loaded with viruses). She then cheerfully floated upstairs to my office and proceeded to load up my computer with the same viruses that, I am sure, destroyed her laptop. In the process she destroyed all of my archives - photos and all - some of which went back twenty years. I had to send it to two different repair places to get it fixed. (I highly recommend The Geek Squad at the Best Buy outlet in Middletown, NY.). Shortly after this unhappy incident I had a bit of a health crisis that prevented me from immediately solving the problem. For such a goofy guy. I have a lot of unnecessary drama in my life - and WAY too many toxic people. Seriously.

If I haven't yet lost you (and I certainly don't hold it against you if I have) this is merely to let you know that I'm back online....I think....and that I'll be posting more regularly in the months and weeks to come....God willing.

In the four months and ten days since I posted last, I've been chomping at the proverbial bit to get back into this thing. One story that has tickled me more than anything concerns the continuing exploits of Marjorie Taylor Greene.  I love her more than words can adequately express. She is so delightfully and deliciously stupid that she has become (at least for my purposes) the gift that literally keeps giving and giving. I know that it is essential to the continuance of a healthy and thriving democracy that she one day go away, but it is not a day that I am particularly looking forward to. To my way of thinking, poor old Marge of the Gilda Radner of unintentional comedians. Appreciate her while you can.

When I lasted posted on December 26, 2021 (Happy New Year, by the way!) I was almost convinced that the cult of Trump was finally beginning to decompose. Barring a miracle (or, God forbid, an unexpected tragedy) the old freak is going to be around for at least the foreseeable future. That's okay. Donald J. Trump may be many things, "boring" is not one of those things.

Pray for the Ukrainian people

Tom Degan

Goshen, NY

7 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Dave Dubya said...

Welcome back, Tom. We missed you.
Sorry about all those hassles and health issues. That's life.
Nice to have you back in the front row, watching the big "Freak Show" as George Carlin put it.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger JustMusing said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger JustMusing said...

A big welcome back, Tom. I, for one, have missed your acerbic Twain-like take on current events.

You picked a great time to rejoin the mosh pit of politics and throw a little shade on those that need it most; such as MTG.

Time to shine a sanitizing (pun intended) light on the dark pox invading our democracy, courts, legislative bodies, and the never to be forgiven insurrectionists.

Looking forward to your next post, may it be soon.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Tom Degan said...

Thank you for the nice words, folks!

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Pappyz said...

Good to see you back,maybe time for a "back up" author for your site?
Depending on your trust of course.

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"never to be forgiven insurrectionists"

Would an example be..."To my friends in the LBGQT+ community-The Supreme Court is coming for us next. This moment has to be a call to Arms"

Lori Lightfoot

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger PeterHenderson1 said...

Will AG Merrick B. Garland enforce the law as he has sworn to do? Or is this a "legal" insurrection?

Title 18, Section 1507 of the U.S. Code –

Federal law — Section 1507 of Title 18 of the U.S. Code — clearly states that it is unlawful to protest near a “residence occupied or used by [a] judge, juror, witness, or court officer” with the intent of influencing “the discharge of his duty,” adding that anyone who “uses any sound-truck or similar device or resorts to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.”

The reason is simple: It is obstruction of justice. Just as it is against the law to tamper with witnesses or jurors by intimidating them or their family, it’s unlawful to tamper with a Supreme Court justice by coming to their home to threaten, harass or coerce them to influence their vote in a case before the court.

Anyone who’s watched at episode of Law and Order knows that intimidating the family of a judge or witness is obstruction of justice. Jen Psaki, the White House press secretary, told reporters she supports and encourages the peaceful protests.

The question is whether Ms. Psaki will face federal charges. Peaceful or not, those protests are illegal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home