Saturday, March 18, 2023

Tracy Murphy Needs Our Help

Tracy Murphy and I, 7 September 2013

 

My treasured friend, Tracy Murphy, needs our help.

She owns and operates a haven for animals in Newfane, NY called Asha's Farm Sanctuary. There she cares for rescued animals that otherwise would have been slaughtered. Not long ago, a couple of stray cows wondered onto her property and she provided them with compassion and food. She is now being charged with felony cattle rustling. 

Can you beat that?

A judge unconstitutionally placed a gag order on her so she is legally unable to defend herself in the electronic and print media.

WELL, DAG NAP IT, I'M GONNA DEFEND HER!

If you have some chump change lying around the house for her defense, send her whatever you can. Her address is:

Tracy Murphy

PO Box 156

Newfane, NY 14108

Tracy Murphy is to animal rights what Martin Luther King and Mahatma Ghandhi were to human rights. She is the closest thing to a saint that it has ever been my joy to know. I adore this kind and decent woman more than mere words could possibly express. Please, folks, she needs our help.

Tom Degan, Goshen, NY

AFTERTHOUGHT:

In a private message to me, Tracy Murphy wrote:

"Tom Degan, as we know I was arrested with a felony charge of up to 7 years in prison. I was stripped of my clothing and dignity and searched. I was imprisoned in a filthy and disgusting jail cell where I was subjected to ridicule by various guards. The initial cell I was placed in was very cold which caused me to shiver, and yet I was denied even a blanket to warm myself. I was put in shackles around my wrists, waist and ankles as I was brought before a judge.

There I was robbed of my rights this very country fought for with an unconstitutional gag order forbidding me to tell my side of the story on social media. Since then I have been the target of a massive smear campaign orchestrated by the powerful beef industry and severely harassed by people within my own community and across the country including direct death threats.

I was offered numerous plea bargains which I have flatly refused. One of which where they offered me a violation if I made a public statement that “It’s wrong to steal cows.” I am innocent of these charges and again I refused. I would rather risk going to prison again than to compromise my values and principles. I am innocent of these charges."

********************************

Mind you, Tracy Murphy has been given a gag order by the judge presiding over her case. My name is not Tracy Murphy. My name is Tom Degan. Nice to meet'cha!

SUGGESTED READING:

I first wrote of Tracy Murphy nearly fourteen years ago. Here is a link to the piece I wrote at the time:

"The Rant" by Tom Degan: A Plea from Tracy Murphy 

The lady is the real deal.




The word is spreading!

2 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting about this case on your blog. I’ve been following it for some time and I cannot believe how quickly people turn into bullies, how quick they gang up, judge and slander a single woman, a sanctuary owner. They labeled her a thief as if her goal was to take advantage of that farmer, rather than saving those two poor souls that she took care of for over two weeks. She stood her ground and she was in her legal right.

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom, you've become woke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home