Monday, January 20, 2020

one more year....HANG IN THERE, FOLKS!

An uncluttered desk is symptomatic of someone with no ideas.

Here we have your classic Good News/Bad News scenario....

THE GOOD NEWS: One year from today, Donald Trump will no longer be president of the United States and will (if there is any justice in this world) be on his way to federal prison.
 
THE BAD NEWS: 2020 is a leap year and we will be forced to wait 366 days instead of the standard 365.

For the third year in a row, Trump has failed to take note of Martin Luther King Day. That's fine by me. In fact, I'm glad that he has never honored the life of one of the greatest Americans of the twentieth century. For him to do so would have somehow cheapened and soiled the event. But, please, consider this: Next year, Dr. King Day will fall on the day of the inauguration of the new president. Just close your eyes for a moment and imagine the KICK ASS celebrations that will be occurring all over the nation when that happens. January 20, 2021 will be the most joyous day in America in my lifetime. I don't know whether or not Trump will be impeached by that time. My guess is that the senate Republicans will keep him right where he is - which is fine. Mike Pence is such a deplorable asshole that we'll be all better off enduring another year of The Donald. Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. you know?

I'm not a Democrat. I left that party almost twenty-two years ago and never looked back. But I plan on voting for whomever the Democrats nominate next summer - regardless. In the year 2000, the Left in this country nominated a good and decent man named Ralph Nader to run as their standard bearer. And what did that get us? Eight years of George W. Bush - a man who, inexplicably, I'm beginning to feel nostalgic for. We cannot afford to make that mistake in 2020. There are several candidates on the Democratic side for whom I would not be comfortable at the top of the ticket. That doesn't matter. As I did in 2016, when I went to the polls and cast my precious ballot for Hillary Clinton) I'll be voting for the Democratic nominee. The survival of the country that I love depends on nothing else.

I am insanely intoxicated at the moment. A year from today, in addition to celebrating MLK Day and the end of the most insanely incompetent and disgusting administration in American history, my plan is to celebrate a full year of sobriety. There won't be anything else to take note of on January 20, 2021as far as I'm concerned. This fiasco needs to end, NOW. Think of your children. If nothing else, think of them.

Tom Degan
Goshen, NY

SUGGESTED READING:

STABLE GENIUS 

4 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger Just the Facts! said...

Hug a Liberal Today and Keep Them Away From Open Windows

FRIENDLY REMINDER : Donald Trump has been your President for exactly 3 years today. pic.twitter.com/9MYusCWitn
— Mike (@FuctupMike) January 20, 2020

Sending you hugs Tom and hope you keep away rom windows.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Joanne Noragon said...

A hearty Amen and You Bet to all you say. And please keep writing. I feel so inept saying little but Right On, but so I do.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger woodenman said...

Tom, I wish you the best in your endeavor to be sober. Having alcoholic parents made life hell for me and my brother and three sisters so all of us went the other way.I never had a beer touch my lips and I am 65!

The health benefits, mentally and physically from being sober will make you a new man. James

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Just the Facts! said...

The last time there was an orderly transition from a Democrat presidential administration to a Republican was 1981. A voter could be fifty years old and have no concrete memories of that election. And today Schiff stated that Trump needed to be impeached to prevent him from cheating to win.

Do you believe it is healthy for our country to have the Democrats dispute every election loss or do you believe they have been cheated out of victory?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home