Thursday, March 12, 2020

No Time for Tantrums



ATTN: SUPPORTERS OF BERNIE SANDERS: Joe Biden will more-than-likely be the 2020 Democratic nominee.
 
Let me state for the record that the former vice-president was not my first choice to be the standard bearer in this year's political contest. That spot was held in my heart by Elizabeth Warren, followed by Pete Buttigieg. Biden and Bernie were tied for fourth place. Although I  haven't been a registered Democrat since 1998, I tend to vote for Democratic candidates. Four years ago, when they nominated Hillary Clinton, I felt then (as I still do) that they had made a dreadful mistake. Show me a candidate unable to defeat a babbling moron like Donald Trump, and I'll show you a perfectly horrible candidate. As disappointed as I was with Clinton as the nominee, on the morning of Election Day 2016, I dutifully made my way down to the firehouse (my polling place) and cast my ballot for her.

One of the reasons I always give for bolting the Dems all those years ago is simply because that party has an absolute genius for taking a bottle of finely aged champagne and turning it - over night - into a worthless jug of donkey piss. This is precisely what happened on that fateful night in the summer of 2016 when that silliest of parties handed her the nomination on a silver platter. This year's election should be a foregone conclusion; the  political equivalent of shooting a school of half-witted fish in a leaky barrel - but it's not. Leave it to those idiotic Democrats to screw this one up. As far as I'm concerned, given their incompetence - and the utter stupidity of the American people - I give them a no-better-than 50/50 chance of unseating Trump this coming January 20, 2021. We shall see.

RFK
One of the reasons I feel as pessimistic as I do is the complete bitterness of some of the supporters of the defeated candidates (as well as the soon-to-be-defeated Sanders) are implying that if they don't have their way this year, they're going to take their ball and go home. This is what happened four years ago. A lot of Bernie supporters stayed home on Election Day - or went over to Trump. This is not unlike 1968, when former supporters of the slain Bobby Kennedy went with George Wallace in November. It made no sense then. It makes even less sense now. We need to support the Democratic nominee, regardless of who that turns out to be. The very future of our country depends upon it. Four more years of this bombastic jackass at the helm of the ship of state could very-well spell doom for this sick country - if it hasn't already.

Although he has evolved in his forty-eight years of public service, Joe Biden is still not enough of a real progressive to suit my tastes. But it should be remembered that Joe, for all his flaws, is a good man. I like Joe! He's what America desperately craves in this dark age of Donald Trump: an intelligent human being with a good heart. I won't be holding my nose when I cast my ballot for Joe Biden in 2020 (as I did when I voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016). I know that, despite his age, he's up to the job. And we can all be sure that he'll surround himself with the best and the brightest.

But he's got to win! VOTE AS IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Tom Degan
Goshen, NY

Ronan Farrow
SUGGESTED READING:

Catch and Kill
by Ronan Farrow

This is an account of the journalistic process that Farrow went through to bring down Harvey Weinstein (who was sentenced to twenty-three years in prison yesterday). Here is a link to order it off of amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/s?crid=2L9GOQ7BGKMV5&i=stripbooks&k=catch%20and%20kill%20by%20ronan%20farrow&ref=nb_sb_ss_fb_1_18&sprefix=catch%20and%20kill%20by%20%2Cstripbooks%2C237&url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks

Ronan Farrow will be around for a very long time. Mark my words, campers!



2 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Just the Facts! said...

Joe Biden wants your vote, he just can't explain why.

https://twitter.com/SteveGuest/status/1238614231655895040

Hard to understand how the party of diversity ends up with two old white men to pick from. What a farce, what a disaster, what a joke.

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello......

nice post
I got such a good information on this topic it’s a very interesting one. You made a good site and I have found a similar website,
please check this one trailer signage visit the site to know more about signking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home