Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Christmas

And so, happy Christmas
We hope you have fun
The near and the dear one
The old and the young

John Lennon 1973

This is simply to wish all of you a happy and joyous Christmas.

With the new year almost upon us, it's difficult to ignore the certainty that it will be a tumultuous and difficult one for the entire planet. All the signs are there. And the irony is the fact that we would all be living in paradise if only we so-called "Christians" followed the teachings of the Man whose birth we commemorate today. Instead, the survival of our economy depends on us making an obscene mockery of what should be the highest of holy days. Go figure.

Keep the meaning of this day - which is not only the birth of Jesus Christ, but the very idea of peace on earth, good will toward all people - in your heart and soul. Pray for peace. And remember that it will never come so long as foolish men choose to make their earthly fortunes by providing the world with weapons of death.

Blessed are the peacemakers
For they shall be called Sons of God

Keep your eyes open for the miracles all around you. And remember the simple truth that there is more music to be found in the laughter of a single child than can be found in all of the symphonies ever composed by all of the composers who ever lived.

Have yourselves a beautiful and blessed Christmas....

It's still possible!

Tom Degan
Goshen, NY
tomdegan@frontiernet.net

War is over
If you want it
War is over
Now....

8 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

>> It's still possible!

I believe...

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Tom...God Bless!

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom and all that have found their way to the wisdom you share,
I wish you all peace. May we take a moment to remember the "Prince of Peace", Emanuel. He showed us time and again what can be accomplished when sharing, love and faith become the motivations for human existance. May He reside within us so that we all can "love our neighbors as we love ourselves."
With warmest wishes for peace and love, and the blessed rewards therein,
Wayne

Numbers 6: 24-26

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the kind thoughts!

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous John Lennon said...

WAR IS OVER
IF YOU WANT IT
WAR IS OVER
NOW!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Amolibri said...

HAPPY Christmas, Tom!....and thank you for your uplifting message.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Tom Degan said...

And to you as well, Amolibri!

All the best,

Tom Degan

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Dearest Friend said...

Sweetie, I had a great Christmas experience this morning! My great-niece really wants a child-sized old-fashioned corn broom for Christmas so she can help my sister (her grandmom) sweeping walks. Well, we tried all the "big" hardware places...those with aisles and aisles of merchandise and came up empty. I told my sister that she gave me a mission and I intended to complete the mission!

Well, this morning, I went into a good old-fashioned hardware store with tight little aisles and a man behind the counter who looked to be in his 70s at the very least. Grey mustache and a baseball cap on his head with clear green eyes. A good guy I could tell. Well, sure enough, right behind the counter is a tiny corn broom for 4.99...found it!

I told the man my story and he was so happy he could help. "You really made my day. That I could help a little girl have a great Christmas morning! Hey, that's just great." He said.

I am still feeling jolly and bright. Everywhere I went after that I was smiling and happy - people in the supermarket and the liquor store all looked at me as if I was nuts. I wanted to shout at them, "Do you realize it's Christmas?!? Do you realize that there's the word "HAPPY" in Happy Holidays? "MERRY" in Merry Christmas?"

Ah well - those grumpy grouchy grinches aren't going to get me down!

Despite being unemployed, living in a tiny townhouse which is too cold...I feel like Bob Crachit...what difference does all that make?!? Be happy - we have something to be joyful about!)

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Mary (yep, named for THAT Mary...got to play her several years in a row in the Christmas play in Sunday school - helped to have dark hair and dark eyes!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home